Our care for others is deeply rooted in our faith in God. We’re committed to living that faith through the respect and service we extend to every resident, family, team member and those in our greater community.
Since 1941, we’ve been dedicated to providing the best quality of life to seniors. From our original home in Ferndale in the 1940’s, to our small community in Romeo in the 1950’s, through today, we’ve earned a reputation for outstanding care in a loving environment.
Our present campus in Clinton Township has allowed us to realize our dream of providing seniors with a range of services to meet changing needs, all at one location. We’ve grown to include assisted living with multiple levels of support, memory care, short-term rehabilitation, long-term skilled nursing care, respite care and hospice care — along with subsidized apartments for low-income residents.
The one thing that hasn’t changed is our commitment to truly care for each resident and each other. It’s in our name.
We have been dedicated to providing the best possible quality of life to seniors since 1941. From our original home in Ferndale in the 1940s, to our 29-bed facility in Romeo in the 50s, to today, we have earned a reputation for outstanding care in a loving environment.
Church of Christ Care Community began in December 1941, when a group of Christians saw the necessity of providing a home for the elderly. A house was purchased in Ferndale, Michigan, and placed under a board of directors. There were six local widows who lived in this house. In 1948, the Northwest Church of Christ in Detroit, Michigan was asked to assume the oversight.
In 1950, the home was moved to an estate three miles east of Romeo, Michigan. In 1956, a twelve-bed addition was added to the Home, increasing it to a twenty-nine bed facility. In 1960, the Home went from a Home for the Aged providing residential care, to a combination of residential and nursing care. Finally, in 1963, the Home became a facility providing all residents nursing care.
In July of 1971, the board of directors leadership was transferred to the Northeast Church of Christ in Eastpointe, Michigan. In 1975 construction began on our current 129-bed nursing facility in Clinton Township. It was completed in May of 1977 and the residents and staff from Romeo moved into their new home at the Rehab and Health Center.
In March of 1982 we expanded our mission with an independent living complex. This neighborhood of 52 brick garden-style apartments is HUD subsidized for low income seniors.
And 2002 saw the opening of our 96-unit Assisted Living and Memory Care facility, blending apartment living with 3 levels of daily support services.
We look to the Golden Rule to lead us to respect the dignity of our residents, their families and our employees.
We care with our hands as our job, but caring with our hearts is our life.
We hold ourselves to a high standard and earn the trust of those we encounter through ethical relationships.
We strive for excellence through training, commitment and hard work.
We use all of our resources; mental, financial, physical and emotional to give quality care in an affirming, loving environment.
We look for better ways to serve seniors in our community.
Fields marked with an * are required